The first stretch of the South West Coast Path runs from Minehead and Westward Ho! The path takes you along the northern edge of Exmoor and the highest coastline in Britain. You will pass along mysterious wooded paths and along towering clifftops before descending to perfect sandy beaches. The final stretch takes you around the Taw estuary, passing marshland and nature reserves.
Minehead to Westward Ho! 87 miles (140 km)
- Minehead - Porlock 9.0 miles (14.4 km)
- Porlock - Lynmouth 12.0 miles (19.2 km)
- Lynmouth - Combe Martin 13.5 miles (21.6 km)
- Combe Martin - Woolacombe 14.0 miles (22.4 km)
- Woolacombe - Braunton 15.0 miles (24.0 km)
- Braunton - Westward Ho! 23.0 miles (36.8 km)